Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A nerdy post


I'd like to think that this blog is an extension of myself and what I think about on a daily basis. It is a bit weird that there are very few posts about how nerdy I can be. As someone would likely think, an engineer should have a lot of science related things on his/her blog and is more likely to talk about it as often as they can. Which leaves me in an interesting place, why isn't this blog more science related?

Well the main answer is that this blog is about personal growth and discovery. There are things that I find very fascinating that I share on this blog like mining asteroids in the future, but by in large I focus my writing on things that I am curious about outside of my field. As someone who makes a living thinking all the time, it is hard to turn that off once I get home, my mind just needs something else to focus on.

My curiosity for multiple subjects have left me unable to process all that information, its more of a jumbled mess that needs organizing, there is just too much to learn on the internet. So one way that has helped me learn about all this growth development has been to slow my thoughts and write it down. My musings on this blog are just my interpretation of what I have learned. I find that I learn best this way, hands on approach to doing things or learn by doing.  

So very little to no nerdiness after three paragraphs, that just won't do. So what is nerdy about me that I can share? Well, I wish Star Trek was back on television and not in this new J.Abrams style, it was better before. When I got an apartment the first thing I thought of was, did it have enough space for a workbench to do little science projects. I often play video games to pass the time and I wish for a 3rd monitor so I can have more immersion in my fantasy world.There is more nerd in me, but I will save that for next time.

Happy Pi day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment