Search This Blog

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Tired Post

Sometimes there are just those days that take so much out of you that you just can't fight it. Well folks, today is just one example of a hard fought day and I lost at the end. I think there are days and weeks that a person just needs to mentally clock out and refocus on something else for a while. Lately, I have been focusing on a couple of big things that take up the majority of my mental and physical energy, leaving me with very little extra to work with.

After full days and nights the only thing that I want to do when I get home is sleep. When I am hungry, I go out and buy gloriously unhealthy junk food as a way to tide the hunger pangs. I am constantly reminded of how similar it was to my school life, although thankfully less homework. I don't know if at this point I am too conditioned to live a more relaxed life. I feel that life is more of a battlefield and that we always need to keep fighting to win and move forward.

I think the biggest hurdle is the internal pressure that I put on myself to always succeed. I tend to burnout every once in a while due various things hitting me at the same time. When that happens I feel a never ending need for sleep which is a sign that usually tells me to back off a bit and recuperate. I only wish that it was possible to know a week or two beforehand, so that I can mitigate a burnout.

Looking forward to a relaxing weekend, hope yours will be as uneventful as mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment