Search This Blog

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Just Do It

Of all the advice I have ever heard, "just do it" was the best one. They say the journey of a thousand miles begins with one step and its always the hardest one. Hesitation is the feeling that I struggle with the most on a day to day basis. There has been several times in my life that I have hesitated and I lost out on the opportunity to do something great or even experience something new. I am trying to rid myself second guessing decisions in my life that has really no consequences if I do it or not do it, but the psychological consequences are dire. I believe that most of us have been brought up in life to no do things out of the ordinary and not take chances and play it safe. Overtime that kind of thinking can control a person's life and make him or her incapable of taking chances when necessary and beneficial.

I often think about all the missed opportunities that could've been, had I not been second guessing myself. These opportunity ranges from meeting new people, going to new places, and trying new activities. I had a standing excuse of not have money or time to do something new, but in reality I was just scared of new situations that I knew nothing about and didn't really want anything participate in things that I was not good at. Looking back on those times, I could have gained more life experience and started on my transition to be a better holistic individual.

The power and confidence that grows from being able to make a decision quickly and willing to deal with the consequences is great. It allows you to think of the world very differently, from a meek follower to a strong individual with the ability to deal with any situation that comes along. My life has changed bit by bit as I have grown to fully believe in "Just do it." I certainly still have times where I doubt myself, but now it is more of a gentle whisper than a harsh yell in the echos of my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment