Search This Blog

Monday, April 8, 2013

Universal Questions



Have you ever thought about what lies beyond our universe? I know. By definition that the universe is everything, but for me every now and then I wonder if there are defined boundaries outside of our bubble. There can be many possible answers but unfortunately none of it can be validated right now.
I have always been fascinated by what I couldn't see but imagine. Since there are so many theories on what the tiniest of our worlds are, I wanted to think about and postulate about what could be on the outside of the universe. 

I have always thought that the universe is like a bubble. From the beginning of the big bang it has expanded into the universe that is today. But what is the bubble expanding into and how can 3d space continue to grow near exponentially over 14 billion years? I have a hard time understanding a physical entity without limitations, in this case it is the universe. 

The only thing that I can come up with is that this reality is one of several dimensions that we are unable to fully comprehend. Just like how the jump from 2d to 3d is more complicated, i think that from 3d to 4d and beyond is insanely complex with the only way we would be understand it is through mathematics. 

I believe that we are creatures that are inhabit one of many dimensions blissfully unaware of more complex structures and worlds beyond our own. It is kind of like an amoeba with its limited scope trying to comprehend a human. The universe is a vastly interesting place with a lot more questions than potential answers and I hope to learn them all one day. 

Or maybe its all someone's dream...

2 comments:

  1. I have been pondering this question since I was a child. I could never (and still can't) wrap my mind around the concept of nothingness into which the universe is expanding. Funny thing, too - my father and brother are physicists and my sister is a computer scientists. I went the lawyer route. We have some fun discussions but that's all they ever are. Like you, I have chalked it up to simply being beyond our capability of understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! Yeah, it has been a question stuck in my mind for a long time and I like others are no where near figuring it out. But I still hope that we can be able to discover the mysteries of the universe one day.

    ReplyDelete